Saturday, April 19, 2014

Finally! THE AMERICAN SIGN MUSEUM VISIT!

After many previous trips down I-71 from Columbus to Cincinnati without visiting, I FINALLY made it to the American Sign Museum back in late February! This post is a gathering of the photos I took. I was not even there an hour (3 kids, one being my tired and grumpish 3-year-old son..his older sisters enjoyed it more) but what an hour it was. The museum is all I dreamed it would be. If neon had a heaven, this may be close to it (Vegas and the sign museum there may disagree though). So this is at least a slice of neon heaven. While my main interest was of course, the neon, the museum also exhibits nearly all forms of signage and advertising of the 20th century, with 1930s-70s neon being the largest part of the collection! I would definitely recommend a visit to anyone, even if neon is not your main interest, anyone interested in modern American history would enjoy the exhibits here. Visit here for the museum's website with all sorts of information regarding the museum (location, hours, admission, etc) as well as links the staff posts regarding museum updates, news, and general preservation news. The Wikipedia article is also worth a read. All pictures were taken during my visit on the afternoon of Sunday, 2/23.













































My next post will include some videos I took from the visit, and some of their non-neon collection! I cannot wait to go back again soon.



No comments: